Monday, March 2, 2020

January 4, 2020 This tree... I’m sitting under “my tree” in Fort Worth. This tree has heard all my deepest thiughts and secrets. We moved to Overton Park when I was in the second grade just a few short weeks after my little brother was born.
Today this park, this tree, my childhood home bring lots of tears. I’m not sure why other than the fact I just saw some of the most beautiful bridal pics of a sweet friend and her daughter. Those photos wrecked me and I can’t quit crying. I was looking forward to sitting beneath this tree and just chilling while I wait for Beverly to get to Fort Worth and we can hit up Central Market, but here I sit with tears flowing... Grief is funny like that, one minute laughing and looking forward to spending a weekend with my oldest friend and “twin” sister and then the next bawling! And just this morning I was enjoying time with my sweet grandson, now I sit here bawling.... So many memories in this park, snipe hunting, walking/running every inch, riding my bike, playing in the park and the creek, napping, taking my children to the playground, crawdad fishing, taking senior photos by “my” tree, taking my kids and grandson pictures in that very same tree. Maybe it’s the new year just now hitting me... another year without her. Dang I miss her!
I want to live life to the fullest just like she did.
But then I have days like today...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved